Star City Games® buys Magic: The Gathering cards. Discover the five ways to sell to us and find the one that works best for you!
Sell Request via our Sell List - Make a list of cards to sell and see the prices offered prior to shipping your cards.
Ship + Sell Program - Pack and ship all of your cards to receive an offer for your collection.
Star City Comics & Games Appointment - Schedule a time to bring your cards to our Roanoke, VA location.
Events - Sell your cards at our vendor booth at SCG CONs and other events we attend.
We Come to You - For vendors or stores looking to sell large quantities of cards, we can come to you!
- We do not appraise collections for insurance purposes.
- We do not authenticate cards. Please contact Wizards of the Coast Customer Service if you feel you are in possession of a counterfeit card.
- Do not ship or deliver anything in person until you have received an email officially approving your sale.
We currently do not purchase the following:
- Bulk Non-English cards
- Bulk cards in Heavily Played condition
- Bulk Time Spiral Timeshifted cards
- Bulk tokens
- Bulk with large quantities of any specific card(s)
Additionally, bulk Commons and Uncommons must be a good mix of both rarities, and bulk basic lands must be a mix of land types (Swamp, Forest, Plains, Mountain, Island).
Star City Games reserves the right to adjust bulk pricing at any time for any bulk not meeting our guidelines.
Send Us Your Cards
Submit a Sell Request via our Sell List
The Star City Games Sell List provides an itemized search for Magic: The Gathering cards that you wish to sell. Add them to your Sell Cart and submit your request to lock in the prices before mailing your cards.
Sell Requests must be postmarked within two (2) business days to lock in prices. Prices will not be guaranteed for late shipments.
Pricing is not finalized until we review and grade the cards in person, based on our grading scale, and present a final offer to you.
A Star City Games account is required to submit a Sell Request. Creating an account is quick and easy.
To submit your Sell Request:
- Add the items to the Sell Cart.
- Click on the cart icon or click the Proceed to Cart button on the right side of the page.
- Verify the items and quantities are accurate.
- Choose how you would like to receive payment: Store Credit, PayPal, or Check.
- Click Submit; a confirmation screen will appear.
- Wait to receive an approval email before shipping your cards. Expect to receive the email within two (2) business days.
If you have any questions about submitting a Sell Request or one already submitted, please contact our buyer team.
We may offer a bulk price for some cards due to the card’s retail price or our current stock. Add these cards to your Sell Cart from the itemized search or under Bulk on the top menu.
We purchase select out-of-print Sealed Products. Find prices using the Sell List search bar.
For complete sets, please contact our buyers for pricing. Complete sets are considered based on Near Mint condition with each card present within a set. The offer will be reduced if cards are missing or are not in Near Mint condition.
Ship + Sell Program
The Star City Games Ship + Sell program provides a convenient way to sell your Magic: The Gathering cards without submitting an itemized Sell Request.
- Fill out the Ship + Sell form.
- Once you receive a confirmation email, securely package your cards, and ship to:
ATTN: Ship + Sell
Star City Games
5728 Williamson Rd NW
Roanoke, VA 24012
Make sure we know that the package is yours. Put your name on the shipping label, and inside the package, include a note with your name or a copy of the confirmation email.
Once your package has been received, you will receive a confirmation email.
- We will send a follow-up email no later than (4) business days containing an offer. Allow for additional processing time for requests over 1,000 cards sent or for removing submitted cards from sleeves, binders, and other storage devices. See Processing Your Sell Request for more details.
You (the seller) are responsible for any shipping expenses, fees, duties, or customs when shipping cards to us.
We only purchase Magic: The Gathering products. Any items in your Ship + Sell package that is not Magic: The Gathering can be returned to you at your cost upon request. This includes but is not limited to shipping containers, deck boxes, binders, supplies, and other card games.
For accepted offers, payments can be provided as Store Credit, PayPal, or Check. See Receiving Payment for more information.
Come Visit Us
Star City Comics & Games in Roanoke, VA
To schedule an appointment, please contact our buyer team or call 540-767-4263 ext.2. Arrive to your appointment on time with cards unsleeved and removed from binders for the buyer to review and price with you in person.
If you arrive without an appointment, we cannot guarantee a buyer’s availability. If you arrive late to your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule, depending on the availability of a buyer.
We recommend submitting a Sell Request via our Sell List prior to your appointment. This allows the buyer to process your Sell Request quickly and efficiently. Please let us know if you will be submitting a Sell Request when contacting us to schedule your appointment.
The maximum cash payment for in-person sales is $200. Sellers choosing cash payment will receive a check for any amount over the $200 maximum.
A government-issued ID is required to receive payment by check when selling us cards or product at our storefront in Roanoke, VA. If you do not have a government-issued ID with you on the day of your appointment, we will not be able to issue a check to you.
Star City Games Vendor Booth at Events
Selling cards at a Star City Games vendor booth is first come, first served. We do not set up appointments for these events. However, we ask that you please contact our buyer team ahead of the event so that we can inform our staff of the expected sell volume.
Due to space limitations, not all cards listed on our website Sell List will be purchased at events.
Vendors and Stores
We Come to You
If you represent a vendor or store and are looking to move a large number of bulk cards, sell a sizable collection, or liquidate your Magic: The Gathering inventory, we may be able to visit your location. If you would like to discuss scheduling an appointment, please contact our buyer team, identifying yourself as a store or vendor.
This option is not available for personal collections.
There are two options for Star City Games visits:
We review your cards and make an offer at your store location.
- You will be expected to provide a space separate from your customers for the buyers to focus on your transaction.
- COVID-19 precautions will be in place. If for any reason the buyers do not feel comfortable or safe making a purchase, they have the right to refuse.
If the process takes longer than expected, an offer will be made for those items that have been reviewed. The remainder of the cards will be reviewed back at our offices.
We pick up the cards that you wish to sell and review and process your purchase once the buyers have returned to the office.
- Pick-ups will be processed in the order that they are received, and you will be contacted with a final offer once completed.
Once your cards are processed, you will receive payment as stated in our Receiving Payment article.
Travel areas currently include the following states, but we may be able to expand our travel radius to accommodate you based on interest:
|Delaware||Kentucky||Maryland||New Jersey||North Carolina|
Would you like to provide feedback on this article?